Tuesday, February 22, 2011

PRODUCT REVIEW: Handsewnbyme Fitted Cloth Diapers



This product review is written by me and 100% my own opinions. I was not compensated in any way for this review.

Rating: A+
I recommend these diapers to everyone!

Review:

I have been struggling for several months now to find the perfect overnight diapering system because 9 month old Baby “S” is a very heavy wetter. The pockets that we have tried (even when double inserts are used) are easy for her to wet through at least twice each night. Then I tried the fitted diaper by handsewnbyme. These diapers are AWESOME! I cannot say enough great things about them! They are soft, absorbent, have layers of zorb sewn into them, and are very affordable! (only $8 for a size large). Best of all, they have Velcro closure rather than snaps, and in that debate I am firmly on the side of aplix because of past experiences with both.

Not only is the product great, but the seller is wonderful as well! She is quick to ship, responds very quickly to messages, and is willing to work with you to try to create a diaper you would like. If you need a size large but like a print you see in a smaller size, she is more than willing to try to create the diaper you would like (although this of course is dependent on whether or not she still has material in that print).

That being said, I do have a few complaints about the diaper. When Baby “S” wakes up in the morning, she is soaked all around. To try to rectify this situation, I recently bought Bummis fleece liners to sit inside the diaper to help wick the moisture away from Baby “S” so she does not feel so wet all night long. I have been using the Bummis liners with this fitted diaper for about two weeks now and it works perfectly. My other complaint is that the Velcro strip is very wide so I sometimes feel a bit concerned that it might rub on Baby “S”’s tummy although it really never has.

I have only used these diapers at night, so I cannot yet speak to their ease of use during daytime wear. I do feel that they hold up well if properly cared for. They are much nicer than I had expected for their price. I feel that they are a higher-quality diaper for a much lower cost. I just ordered 5 more so that I have one for most nights and I will no longer need to go a night without one!

Please note: a cover is required for this diaper!

No comments: