**This product reviews were written by me and 100% my own opinions. I did not receive any form of compensation for these reviews.
GrandmaGift11 is an etsy store that I just discovered. She knits wool covers (also called soakers) for sale. She graciously agreed to allow me to review one and provide a custom-made one for giveaway. First, I must say that her service is wonderful! Her sizing didn't exactly fit Baby "S"'s chunky legs, so she made me a custom cover without a second thought. Her shipping was fast as well.
Now, on to the cover itself. This cover is sooo cute! It is soft and tightly knitted to prevent leaking through (which I admit was a concern of mine as I had never tried a wool cover before). All wetness stays inside the cover although if the fitted diaper is soaked, it may feel a bit damp to the touch on the outside of the cover. The cover feeling damp can be easily avoided by changing baby before the diaper inside is completely soaked (which is something you generally do anyway!)
The cover rise is nice and high on Baby "S" and well covers the diaper inside the cover. The extra material is fitted very nicely on her leg so there is nothing running down her leg (as I had feared there might be without actual elastic around the leg). It is also nice and roomy so that a bulkier fitted diaper fits nice and snug inside and isn't too tight around Baby's legs or waist.
This cover may be used multiple times depending on how soaked through the diaper is (as with any cover). The cover is nice and soft against baby's skin. Baby "S" seems to be sensitive to nearly everything in that area but this cover has never bothered her. It is also easy to wash. It needs to be hand washed. Toss some wool-friendly soap in a bucket along with cold water and let the diaper soak. After it soaks a bit, swish it around and rinse it thoroughly. Hang to dry. Simple.
It is also important to note that GrandmaGift11 pre-lanolizes the cover for you so that you don't have to buy lanolin and do that yourself.
How to buy this wool cover:
Check out her etsy store! Covers run about $20 each. (She has some super cute soaker skirties you should check out for little girls too!)
How to win this cover:
Check out her etsy store and leave a comment here with one item you would like to try.
**Leave your email address in each of the comment boxes so I may contact you should you win.
1. Publicly follow this blog (1 extra entry)
3. Enter another giveaway I am hosting this week (2 extra entries for each giveaway you enter). Comment with what giveaway you entered and if the posting name is different on that giveaway, let me know so I am able to find you to verify!
4. Tweet about this giveaway (2 extra entries per tweet). You may tweet every 3 hours for extra entries). Leave a link below to the tweet as I will check when a winner is chosen.
5. Post about this giveaway on your blog (2 extra entries per post). You may post twice per day.
6. Mention this giveaway with a link to it on your facebook status (2 extra entries per status update with this mention). You may update your status every 3 hours for extra entries. Leave a link below to the update as I will check when a winner is chosen.
I will verify all entries prior to posting a winner. Winner will be chosen on March 21st at 9:00pm EST via random.org. Winner has 48hrs to respond via email or a new winner will be chosen.