Friday, March 4, 2011
Tips For New Moms (BF'ing Blog Hop)
Its week 9 of the Breastfeeding Blog Hop! This week's topic is Tips For New Moms. I chose to write all my tips for breastfeeding moms.
1. Set small goals rather than long-term ones. For example, plan to breastfeed until baby is 5 weeks, then 3 months, 6 months, etc. You can always hope to breastfeed until a certain point, but planning on smaller goals will help you to overcome the obstacles and it will help keep you from becoming too frustrated and giving up.
2. Seek out help whenever you want it! Whether it be a friend, family member or lactation consultant, no question is too minor. If you have a question, ask! Get help!
3. Don't always listen only to your doctor or pediatrician. Many doctors will tell you that a low supply means you have to quit. Talk to a lactation consultant to get lots and lots of ways to help increase your supply or otherwise remedy whatever the situation may be. You have options other than quitting!
4. It will hurt in the beginning. Just stick it out...it gets better I promise!
5. You will most likely face some obstacles to overcome. If you seek out help, keep and open mind and try your hardest, you can overcome the obstacles.
6. Don't feel ashamed! If you choose to give formula part time, don't feel ashamed! Full-time breastfeeding is the best. Part-time breastfeeding is better than not at all though!!